The Barbados Culinary team did the island proud by capturing a Gold team medal at Taste of the Caribbean 2011!
Mitchell Husbands of Barbados was also awarded the “Chef of the Year” honours.
Barbados was very much among the awards with team members winning the following:
- Gold medal: Janelle Crawford
- Gold medal: Andre Nurse
- Gold medal: Wilmore Jordan
- Silver medal: Jamaal Bowen
- Bronze medal: Stephanie Sayers
- Most creative non alcoholic drink: Jamal Bowen
Team Barbados also won for “BEST USE OF ORCHID CHOCOLATE”.
Taste of the Caribbean brings together chefs and bartenders from across the Caribbean to compete, network and exchange ideas. Education and inspiration are important objectives of the Taste of the Caribbean.
Find your ideal Barbados accommodation...