- Make your wedding or event memorable by choosing the right photographer. With their unique style, Select Focus Photography does not merely take photographs, they capture memories.
- A leading design firm for contemporary wedding design, planning, rental services and a leader in outdoor weddings. We plan your wedding down to placing your rose gold cutlery, Artathomp Weddings and Events lives and breathes weddings.
- Cossmic Cnematography - Barbados trending videographer movies that make you move first time you watch. We are the preservationist of life through motion to capture those important moments, offering venue scouting for destination brides through video.
- Design Central Photography - Andrew O'dell is an award winning photographer who is renowned for his high quality wedding photography. He is often called upon to capture those romantic moments and intimate memories in story telling fashion, as portrayed in his elegant photo books.
- Magical Moments Photographic Services Capture the heart and soul of your most precious memories. Steve Cumberbatch is one of the Caribbean's leading wedding photographers who creates relaxed and happy memories that celebrate your love...
- Ricky Chase Photography - From engagement shoots to weddings Ricardo Chase will capture the special moments that tell your story. Your wedding photos will be the first chapter of your journey together...
- Andrew Transport will provide reliable, quality transportation for the entire wedding party. We will also arrange the perfect venue and accommodation. Ask about our complete wedding package.
Getting Married In Barbados
Imagine awakening to the warm caress of the Caribbean sun. Palms whisper and coves beckon. Languid sands stretch out before you. And a breeze embraced by turquoise waters gently cools you.
This is your wake up call, inviting you live out your daydreams. And begin your most important beginning, in Paradise.
Barbados is an island of song, dancing to the rhythms of the Caribbean and resting in the tranquil music of the wind and waves, serenading lovers in their hideaways. The natural beauty of the island beckons all seeking a romantic escape! Here you can get married on a boat, in a church, in an elegant plantation home, under the cool shade of a flamboyant tree, by sea cliffs or soft sand beaches.
Let a professional wedding planner make all the arrangements, even before you arrive on the island or select a wedding package at a local hotel. Professional services like flower shops, caterers and bakeries are all readily available and will do their part to ensure that your special day is a memorable one.
Barbados Marriage Requirements
It is very easy to get married in Barbados as there is no required waiting period or minimum length of stay. Application for a marriage licence must be made by both parties in person at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Applications for marriage licences must be made between the hours of 8.30 a.m and 3.30 p.m Monday to Friday. You will require:
- Valid passports and birth certificates.
- Return tickets.
- If either party was divorced, an original Decree Absolute or a certified copy of the Final Judgment. The Decree Nisi is not accepted.
- If either party was previously married and widowed, a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.
- For a Roman Catholic ceremony, the relevant documents must be sent by your bishop to the bishop of Bridgetown.
- Where necessary, all documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Arrangements should be made with a Magistrate or Marriage Officer to perform the wedding ceremony, prior to applying for the marriage licence. A letter from either the Magistrate or Marriage Officer must be presented at the time of making the application.
Marriage Licence Service Fees
|Service||Either party is a citizen, permanent
resident or immigrant of Barbados
|Neither party is a citizen, permanent
resident or immigrant of Barbados
|For issue of a marriage certificate||US$5 (BDS$10)||US$10 (BDS$20)|
|For issue of a certificate Publication of banns||US$20 (BDS$40)||US$37.50 (BDS$75)|
|For issue of a marriage licence||US$100 (BDS$200) & US$5.00 (BDS$10) stamp||US$100 (BDS$200) & US$12.50 (BDS$25) stamp|
|For lodging objections to issue of marriage |
licence or magistrate's certificate
|US$75 (BDS$150)||US$75 (BDS$150)|
|For solemnization of a civil marriage||US$25 (BDS$50)||US$50 (BDS$100)|
|For issue of a medical certificate||US$12.50 (BDS$25)||US$25 (BDS$50)|
|For special requests associated with issuance of a licence*||US$50 (BDS$100)||US$50 (BDS$100)|
*For example, requests to receive marriage licenses on weekends, holidays or locations other than the Ministry (e.g. hospital).
Fees for civil marriage ceremonies:
- US$125 (BDS$250) - Magistrate fee for ceremonies held in the court
- US$175 (BDS$350) - Magistrate fee for ceremonies held out of the court
You may contact the Ministry of Home Affairs at tel: 1-246-535-7260, fax: 1-246-535-7286, e-mail email@example.com