- Our beautiful island is home to three species of turtles: The Hawksbill, Green and Leatherback Turtle. They’re the protectors of our coral reef, join us at Harbour Lights to swim with these magical creatures.
- Enjoy turtle walks and snorkel trips to turtles with Barbados Blue, located at the Hilton Hotel Peninsular. Hilton beach is the densest Hawksbill Turtle nesting beach in the Eastern Caribbean, so you are almost guaranteed to see one while snorkeling, kayaking or diving with Barbados Blue!
- With a maximum of 14 people per cruise, Bolador Tours offers a personalized experience. Snorkel with the turtles as you also explore reefs and wrecks.
- For a unique turtle experience go freediving with Trident Freedivers Barbados! Freedive over sunken shipwrecks and enjoy interacting with the friendly sea turtles. We offer a full range of fun dives!
- Choose Billfisher III Fishing Charters for that family adventure you've been looking forward to. Swim with the turtles, snorkel, fish and have fun!
- Experience a fun-filled day while swimming with the turtles, rope-swinging and walking the plank in the crystal clear waters of the west coast on the Jolly Roger pirate ship.
Barbados.org's Seven Wonders of Barbados
Most people know of the Seven Wonders of the World..... now discover the Seven Wonders of Barbados during your Caribbean vacation...
- The Baobab Tree
- Historic Jacobean Mansions
- Morgan Lewis Mill
- Famous Jewish Synagogue
- Cannon Galore
- Grapefruit Tree (Citrus Paradise)
Now discover Wonder number Eight in Barbados:
Other Wonders & Well-Kept Secrets of Barbados
You've discovered the seven wonders of Barbados but there's so much more to explore, see and do in Barbados! Here are some of the unique experiences, sites and activities to include on your Barbados holiday list.
- Turtle Adventures
- Underwater Barbados
- Exotic Weddings
- Historic Sites
Here's a unique experience not to be missed! Swim with and feed the friendly turtles in Barbados!
Explore fascinating coral reefs and underwater wrecks as you enjoy the wonders of Barbados' unique ocean life!
- Trident Freedivers Barbados
Want to learn the art of breath hold & equalisation or to spear your own fish for dinner? We specialize in Freediving courses, Spearfishing Tours and Underwater Photography Packages!
- Barbados Blue
Discover sunken treasures underwater while diving in Barbados' crystal clear waters! Offers a variety of courses and dive packages, with special scuba diving instruction for kids!
- The Dive Shop Ltd.
Ideally located a stone’s throw from the Carlisle Bay Marine Park, The Dive Shop Ltd. offers great diving adventures for any level - from beginners to seasoned professionals.
- Atlantis Submarines
Dive 130ft underwater without getting wet! See breathtaking marine life and maybe even a sunken shipwreck from the air-conditioned comfort of a real submarine!
Experience your dream wedding in an exotic location! From tropical gardens to underground caves to seaside venues, Barbados offers a wide range of unique options for your special day.
- Say ‘I Do’ on Sugar Bay Barbados’ stunning lagoon beach or in the lush tropical gardens. Our Sugar & Spice wedding package is included in the AI package (conditions apply).
- Flower Forest is the most romantic escape in Barbados, amidst a forest of exotic huge palms, and a backdrop of sweeping countryside views. Propose to, or marry, it feels right.
- Guinea Plantation offers lush lawns, beautiful gardens, and a gorgeous plantation house. It is an amazing location and could be yours for your special day.
- A private, tropical garden overlooking the emerald Caribbean Sea can be found at the Bougainvillea Barbados. This award-winning, 4-star resort is the perfect location for your "romantic wedding in paradise".
Steeped in rich history and culture, there is an abundance of fascinating historic sites across the island. Here's a selection of some well-known sites and some well-kept secrets for you to explore!
- Arlington House Museum
- Barbados Military Cemetery
- Barbados Museum
- Blackmans Bridge
- Bridgetown Jewish Synagogue
- Charles Fort
- Chase Vault
- Codrington College
- Concorde Experience
- Cotton Tower Signal Station
- Emancipation Statue
- Exchange Museum
- George Washington House
- Government House
- Grenade Hall Forest & Signal Station
- Gun Hill Signal Station & Lion
- Heron Bay
- Historic Cannon Collection
- Ilaro Court
- Jewish Museum (Nidhe Isreal Museum)
- Main Guard House at Garrison Savannah
- Morgan Lewis Windmill
- Museum of Parliament
- National Heroes Gallery
- Needhams Point Lighthouse
- Newton Slave Burial Ground
- Parliament Buildings
- Ragged Point
- Sam Lords Castle
- Screw Dock
- Sir Frank Hutson Sugar Museum
- South Point Lighthouse
- Springvale Eco-Heritage Museum
- St. James Parish Church
- St. Nicholas Abbey
- Sunbury Plantation House
- Tyrol Cot
- Wildey House