St.Lucy Parish Church
Northern side of the Sir Theodore Brancker roundabout, Fairfield, St.Lucy
Date Built : 1837
The first St.Lucy parish church was built of wood in 1627 and this was followed by a sawn stone structure in 1741 after its destruction by hurricane. The church was again destroyed by hurricane in the years 1780 and 1831.
The fourth (and present) church is an attractive building, constructed in 1837. It is essentially Georgian with the characteristic tower and a running gallery on the North, West and Southern sides.
Seating Capacity : 750 persons
See also : Anglican Churches in Barbados
See Schedule of Anglican Services
Was this helpful?