St.James Parish Church
Historical FactsDate Built : 1847
St.James Parish Church is among the four oldest surviving churches in Barbados and is located near the site of the island's first settlement in Holetown. In the southern porch of the church is a bell with the inscription - "God bless King William, 1696". This bell pre-dates the famous American Liberty bell by 54 years.
Main Features : mural tablets, stained glass windows.
See also : Anglican Church in Barbados