Barbados - A Great Event Host
Barbados has played host to many great events over the years, and some have even turned into annual events! From Luciano Pavarotti at the Holders Season, to the best jazz musicians at the Barbados Jazz Festival, Barbados has welcomed some big stars to its shores.
Annual Barbados Festivals
Some of the most popular annual festivals on the island are:
- Crop Over - Barbados' biggest and most popular festival, a summer-long celebration of music, food, heritage and good times!
- Holders Season - a celebration of music and theatre from around the globe, Holders is eagerly awaited by locals and visitors alike.
- Holetown Festival - commemorating the first settlement of Barbados by the British, with heritage tours, music events and arts & craft.
- Oistins Fish Festival - celebrating the contribution of those in the local fishing industry; a great opportunity to soak up local culture and enjoy great food!
- Open House Programme - some of Barbados' most historic, luxurious or architecturally captivating homes are open as part of this weekly winter festival.
- Open Gardens - explore beautifully landscaped tropical gardens across the island and be captivated by the dazzling array of colour!
- Celtic Festival - celebrating the historic links between Barbados and the Celtic countries - Scotland, Ireland and Wales - through music and dance.
- GospelFest - come rejoice with the Caribbean's top Christian music & arts festival.